Energy Efficiency Alberta (EEA) is raising the bar when it comes to building and renovation standards!
In fact, it’s helping redefine Alberta’s entire energy and carbon strategy!
EEA grew out of the provincial government’s initiative to reduce Alberta’s carbon footprint, diversify theeconomy and create jobs by creating a rebate program for homeowners and a registration process for contractors to make Alberta homes more energy
Read on to see how the Energy Efficiency Alberta program can save you a bunch of money and energy—now and in the future—and how to go about finding a registered contractor to do the work:
· How much is the rebate? Rebates for window upgrades can reach $1500, while insulation upgrade rebates can reach $3500! That’s a pretty generous incentive to carry out renovations that will boost the value of your home, increase its curb appeal and save you a lot of energy and money in the long-term!
· It’s simple! When you opt into the EEA initiative, the more energy your home improvements will save, the more money you’ll get back in rebates!
· How it works. EEA recommends getting quotes from three certified contractors who specialize in insulation, window and door replacement in Edmonton. Your chosen contractor will then do an assessment of your home and provide you with an estimate of your rebate—which will vary according to how much energy the renovations in your Edmonton home will save.
· How to find an EEA-certified contractor. A good place to start is by going to the EEA website for a list of certified EEA contractors. But don’t stop there! To find the best insulation, window and door renovation specialist in Edmonton, check their BBB rating, how many years they’ve been in business and whether
they’re fully insured and certified. And ask around! Word-of-mouth is a great
way to find the perfect contractor for the job.
· Why a certified contractor? EEA-certified contractors have received training on how to facilitate the application process… plus they are fully insured and licensed to carry out the work, and registered with the WCB. You will also have the peace of mind of knowing that the work will be carried out in line with the building code and follow industry best practices.
Have questions about EEA rebates? Contact us at Classic Exteriors!
At Classic Exteriors, we’re proud to have been serving the home renovation needs of Edmontonians for over 30 years! Plus we have an A+ rating with the BBB!
Contact us today for a free estimate!