Benefits of Installing New Siding
There comes a time in every Edmonton home’s lifespan when the siding needs a careful once-over to determine whether it has to be replaced. Replacing your Edmonton home’s siding is a major investment, but when you stop to think about the considerable advantages new siding offers, you will see that it’s well worth it.
Replacing your Edmonton home’s siding is a major investment, but when you stop to think about the considerable advantages new siding offers, you will see that it’s well worth it.
Let’s take a look at five potential benefits of installing new siding on your Edmonton home:
- Increase curb appeal. This is a no-brainer. Old damaged siding with its faded colour that was oh-so-trendy in some bygone era can be an eyesore. There’s nothing quite like brand-new siding to lift your Edmonton home’s curb appeal. And there’s nothing quite like it to make it stand out in your neighbourhood! (This is critical if you are considering putting your home on the market in the near future).
- Fix and prevent further structural damage. Old siding in Edmonton homes often loses its capacity to protect your home from the elements. Cracks, rot, damage and poor fit can let in rain, sleet and snow which can cause hidden structural damage behind old siding. Installing new siding allows you to identify problems before they get out of hand and keeps your home protected in the future.
- Upgrade your walls’ thermal efficiency. If your house was built when fuel was cheap and insulation expensive, it might be sorely lacking in thermal efficiency. With your old siding off, you can check your walls and decide whether you want to blow insulation into the wall cavities or add rigid foam insulation. This can do wonders to lower your heating bill. Adding a house wrap can also help reduce moisture problems in the walls and keep the wind out.
- Insulating siding. Older siding offers no insulating properties whatsoever. Today, insulated siding in Edmonton that adds a layer of insulation between the wall and the siding is available and increases your home’s energy efficiency while bringing down your heating costs.
- Increase property value. Studies show that on average, you can expect to recover 83% of the initial cost of new vinyl siding at resale, while fibre-cement siding returns 79%. Of course, the older the siding you are replacing the higher the return.
At Classic Exteriors we’ll repair or replace your siding. And we’ll do it right! We’ve been doing it for over thirty years.
Contact us today!